Catering - Expert AdvicePlanning tips from our experts
Wedding Catering Destin Fl
The Focal Point of Your Reception
The food at your reception can make or break your experience and your budget. Creating a memorable meal and experience is no small task. Our experienced wedding planners can help by carefully planning a creative, delicious wedding menu for you and your guests that won’t break the bank.
Wedding catering goes beyond the food however ; you also have to consider alcohol / drinks, rentals, table set up and many other logistics.
Wedding Catering Destin Fl - Insider Tips from Our Wedding Planners
- Does your venue allow outside caterers?
- Have your approximate headcount of guests ready. An expert can help you determine how much food you will need.
- What drinks are included in the price? Will you offer alcohol? If so, you need to discuss budgets with your caterer and make sure they have a liquor license.
- Does the catering price include tax and service fees?
- All Destin wedding venues are different so most caterers do not include tables and chairs. Verify that everything is covered.
- Is there adequate space for the type of food service you would like? For example; seated dinner service needs more space than Chef-attended food stations.
- Does the venue you chose have a staging area/ kitchen for the caterer? Is there a cost to use the area? We can definitely help refer the Destin Wedding venues that do.
- Make sure the menu you choose fits the time of day. For example, avoid light hors d’oeuvres during dinner time hours.
- Be mindful of your guests when choosing a wedding menu. For example, Low Country boils are very popular but you would want to have an alternative for people who may have allergies. Also consider vegetarian options.
- It’s always a good idea to pick foods that are indigenous to the area. This guarantees freshness and allows your guest to experience the local flavors.
- Many venues do not allow glassware; there are beautiful plastic china products that are available.
- Consider having some light hors d’oeuvres or food display for your guests after the ceremony while they wait for photos. They keep the party flowing and make the transition easy from the wedding to the reception while the bridal party takes photos.
- Our wedding planners can simplify this process by saving you time, stress and money. Contact us.