Destin Florida Beach Wedding Tips for Success
A Destin Beach Wedding is a magical experience but involves much more than many think, especially if you are planning a destination wedding from afar and not familiar with the Destin Florida area. There are so many expected and unexpected things that can happen before, during and after your Destin beach wedding. After planning Destin Florida beach weddings for a number of years, our wedding planners share their top tips for success. For the complete planning guide and timelines, view our entire Destin Florida Beach wedding planning guide here.
Planning Before Your Destin Beach Wedding
The pros definitely outweigh the cons of a Destin beach wedding; however, a beach wedding presents many things that have to be careful planned and thought through before your nautical nuptials.
- Plan Ahead: A local, experienced local wedding planner will save you time, stress and money when planning your Destin beach wedding. Planning it solo becomes a full-time job as well as busting your budget out of control and many unexpected things popping up and stressing you out. You need someone who is your expert eyes before, during and after your wedding to ensure you stay on budget and stress-free.
- Venue(s): You need a professional local wedding planner to help you secure a Destin beach venue. To ensure privacy, avoid busy holiday weekends such as Memorial Day and 4th of July weekend. Also, be aware that even “private” beaches may not be private. Also, in case of inclement weather, you need to have a back-up wedding venue.
- Permits: After you have secured a public beach access location, ensure that you get your proper beach wedding permits and marriage license from the county you are getting married in. In the Destin area, there are two counties with distinct laws and procedures.
- Go Local: Use local vendors for your wedding planner, decor, music, rentals, flowers, etc. – they are going to be the most knowledgeable about beach permits and regulations.
Things to Consider During Your Destin Beach Wedding
- Make It Stress-Free: If you decide to forgo a wedding planner, you will definitely need a Day-Of-Wedding Coordinator to coordinate with vendors and see your vision through from start to finish.
- Your Guests: Your guests will most likely be spending a lot of their money and time to attend your Destin beach destination wedding. Make sure to communicate prior to your wedding day with the agenda for the weekend, directions, a welcome basket and dress code. On the day of your Destin beach wedding, make them feel comfortable with fans that double as your wedding program and sunglasses as momento of your wedding day.
- Experienced Vendors: We can not stress enough how important it is to use vendors that are experienced with Destin beach weddings. Make sure your florist is using flowers that can withstand the humidity of the beach and knows how to properly secure them so they don’t fall during your wedding. Make sure your rental company knows proper set up, how to secure your rentals, etc.
After Your Destin Beach Wedding
- Local Photographer: Again, only select a local Destin photographer who has experience with Destin Beach weddings. You only have one chance to get those Kodak moments and the lighting on the beach is only perfect during a small window of time. Make sure you view their portfolio and give them a shot list of all the pictures you want taken.
- Clean-Up: Make sure you have help to clean-up your rentals, decor, flowers, etc.
- Transportation: How are you and your guests getting to your reception? A local, trusted transportation company will be familiar with Destin traffic and the correct routes to take to get you and your guests there timely and safely.
You can’t be prepared enough and it can be quiet stressful thinking through and carefully planning each detail. Sunquest Beach Weddings makes it stress-free by giving you one all-inclusive Destin wedding company for all your needs, including wedding planners, catering, wedding flowers, rentals, vendor selections and venue selections.
Leave your shoes (and worries) behind by hiring an experienced local wedding planner. View our all-inclusive Destin Beach Wedding packages here or contact us today.